Somatic Coaching practice:
Somatics is a healing modality rooted in Movement Theory, Psychotherapy, and Bodywork.
I offer sliding scale therapeutic coaching sessions via video, or with the option for in-person sessions in the metro Atlanta area. I am trained as a psychotherapist, however I am intentionally unlicensed in order to offer clients care that is a departure from the state and all of it’s implications within the medical industrial complex. I specialize in working with Black, Indigenous and People of color; Queer and trans people; Polyamorous and non-monogamous people; Men and masculine people trying to create healthy masculinities and decolonize their patriarchy; And people most impacted by trauma and oppression including formerly incarcerated people and frontline organizers.
This practice incorporates the following modalities:
– Cognitive Behavior Therapy
– Trauma-informed and resilience-centered care
– Strengths-based perspective
– Indigenous American and African rituals and practices
Healing Team Coordination
I am a part of a network of healers and wholistic care workers all across the U.S. These incredible people are massage therapists, reiki practitioners, yoga instructors, energy workers, tarot card readers, bodyworkers, curanderas, root doctors, medicine women, street medics, doulas, and a variety of other practitioners that create a wellness spaces for frontline organizers, social justice advocates, and for those most impacted by trauma and oppression.
Supporting Community Organizations
Through somatic coaching, curriculum facilitation, and trauma-healing processes, I am honored to have supported the staff and work of the following organizations:
– Black Emotional and Mental Health – BEAM
– The Movement for Black Lives Electoral Justice Fellows Project
– SPARK Reproductive Justice Now
– Campaign for Southern Equality
– Grassroots Global Justice Alliance
– Climate Justice Alliance
– It Takes Roots Coalition
– Indigenous Environmental Network
– Community Change Women’s Fellowship
– NDN Collective
– Unkoch Your Campus